Current Opening at BioCOS Life Sciences Bangalore India:
Job ID : 20173BINFO
Location : Bangalore India
When you join us at BioCOS Life Sciences, you’ll be part of a smart, research driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery in disease specific high throughput data analysis. With a very dynamic small team as a start up, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the research with having opportunities to be part of publications in high impact journals.
We are searching for a Bioinformatics Scientist to address our needs for high throughput data analysis and pipeline building and supporting innovative disease specific discoveries in cancer, T2D and some of infectious diseases. The candidate will implement, execute algorithms and programs to support the research, conduct troubleshooting analyses of design strategies and analyze experimental data with the goal to improve the design algorithms. The candidate will also participate in core team meetings, help define requirements, and collaborate closely with biochemists and molecular biologists in the collaborative work with other labs in India and abroad.
- Work with R&D scientists to define the requirements of computational design pipeline, focusing on identifying and curating target data resources.
- Use existing pipelines at the Company and tools to analyze the high throughput data ( NGS and mictoroarray).
- Implement new design algorithms taking advantage of an existing infrastructure.
- Critically assess and annotate data to identify disease specific markers/mutations that provide hypotheses to improve in silico and in vitro success rates.
- Prepare technical reports, product summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses and code documentation.
- Curate existing disease specific databases for periodic upgrades and releases to customers.
- Fresher or Minimum of 2 years of related experience desirable with a Bachelor’s degree or higher; industry experience preferred.
- Degree in molecular biology, statistics, computational biology, computer Science, Algorithms, Applied Mathematics, bioinformatics, or related field.
- Strong programming skills with hands on experience is must ( Please do not apply for this post if you are biotechnology professional and do not know programming languages and biological algorithms related to high throughput data analysis)
- Expert in usage and handling of public domain genomics data of sequences and variations. Understanding of disease specific annotation data.
- Expertise in comparative genomics and mapping/comparison tools.
- Linux/Unix work environment, Perl,R, Python , HTML and Java.
- Very fast learner, technically sharp and can work independently with minimal guidance